Our story began in 1945 when Allan McDougall started his career in the petroleum business, working with Imperial Oil in Timmins, Ontario.
In 1949, he and his family relocated to Thessalon, Ontario where Allan founded McDougall Fuels and became the regional Esso agent. He ran the company successfully until 1972 when he retired and his son Bryan and wife Joy took over operations.
Bryan had started with the company in 1968 and had been the one to introduce Home Heating products and services into the McDougall Fuels family repertoire.
Bryan and Joy immediately began to expand the company further, amalgamating with a similar operation in Blind River and doubling the size of McDougall Fuels.
In 1987 McDougall Fuels became an Esso Branded Reseller, purchasing existing agencies, including the Sault Ste. Marie office, from Imperial Oil.
Through the late ‘80s and the early ‘90s, we continued to expand, purchasing agencies in Elliot Lake and Chapleau. In 2006 we acquired King Propane adding to their growing propane business line.
In 2007 McDougall Fuels purchased operations in Red Lake, British Columbia and Timmins/Cochrane. In addition, a new office was established in Little Current, serving Manitoulin Island.
In the spring of 2008 Bryan McDougall Fuels Limited changed its name to McDougall Energy Inc. and became the Esso Branded Reseller for Toronto and surrounding area, serving Esso heating fuel customers.
Today, McDougall Energy is in its third generation of family ownership and as we look forward to a future full of new possibilities, our values will always reflect our history.